The Punch Clock feature helps you stay in control of work attendance. You can use it to compare scheduled shifts to worked shifts and map out what to improve in your schedule. Punch clock focuses on-time registration and is directly tied to payroll, allowing you to make sure that the right employee is at the right location, at the right time.
With Punch Clock, you can approve timesheets for payroll directly in Planday.
Punch Clock is available for our web platform, our Kiosk app, and through our mobile app. Here's a quick guide to get you started if you're not using Punch Clock already.
From version 6.3.0 onwards (both Android or iOS), you can approve Punch Clock entries directly in the app. Read more about Punch Clock entry approvals, below.
Approve Punch Clock entries through the Pending actions widget on the front page or go to Schedule > Punch Clock.
The Punch Clock page allows you to review and approve entries (shifts) per week or per day, as you need.
The quick overview has each row represent an entry for approval:
- Shift time: original scheduled shift time.
- Punch Time: actual punch in and out time.
- Start/End Time: times to be approved for payroll. This will differ from the punch in/out times, if you are using rounding rules. (you can find more details here ).
- Length: total length of shift ( In Planday a single shift cannot be longer than 24 hours; if it occurs, you would need to use Split shift before approving. )
- Break: If using default breaks, and an employee did not take a break, you would untick this box.
- Comment: comments about shift or messages from the employee, upon punching in or out.
- Selection boxes: with the selection boxes you can pick which entries should be approved ( you can bulk approve all through the top most tick box > Approve selected). Similarly, when an entry needs to be deleted, selected and chose Delete selected.
Once these shifts are approved they are ready for payroll. Also, approved shifts and punch clock entries can be found under the Approved tab, Overview per day or Overview per week.
Please note that if you are using an ePOS integration, such as Tevalis, the Punch Clock data will only appear in Planday once the user has clocked both in and out for their shift.
As a Planday Schedule manager or Admin (read more here ), you can make use of some Punch Clock features through the mobile app. Besides being able to punch in or out yourself, from a scheduled shift; you can approve your employees' Punch Clock entries.
This feature is available from version 6.3.0 onwards, both on Android and iOS, for all portals, except those using Deviation rules. If in doubt, please contact our support team.
As you open the app, whenever a new entry needs your attention it will immediately appear in your Requests widget, under Punch Clock Entries or from your Account > Requests.
Tap on the Punch Clock entries to view the entries pending your approval. You will have a quick run down of each entry and the option to Approve on the spot. You'll get a confirmation and the entry will disappear from the list.
The list will contain Punch clock entries for both completed and ongoing Shifts, so you can add an end time and approve an employee's shift if they didn't punch out themselves.
Unlike on the web, the mobile app does not support adding payroll supplements manually or splitting shifts longer than 24 hours for Punch Clock entries. For either of those, please use the web component of Punch Clock.
Also, please note that the list of pending entries will only show entries from the last 7 days. You can find all the previous entries on your portal, through the web client, as well.
Here's a quick video to get you started right away: