If you are experiencing an issue when using the Punch Clock feature for the Planday app, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to attempt to resolve the issue before contacting our support team.
Ensure that you're within the building/premises
Your employer may have set up Punch Clock to function using GPS. If you are outside of your workplace, enter it and try again.
Ensure that you're connected to the correct company WiFi
Your employer may have set up Punch Clock to function using a specific WiFi network. If this is the case, you will be unable to use punch clock with mobile data alone. Open your WiFi settings to double check that you are connected with a good signal strength.
Turn on WiFi, Location services, and Mobile Data
As outlined in the previous steps, Punch Clock may be restricted by location or WiFi network. If there are no restrictions, mobile data with good signal strength should suffice.
- From your device's Settings or Control Centre (Swipe up on the home screen for iOS, Swipe down from the home screen on many Android devices) you can ensure that WiFi and Mobile data are enabled.
- To ensure that location services are turned on for iOS, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and set it to On. Next, go back to Settings, scroll down and select Planday, then set Location to While Using.
- To ensure that location services are turned on for Android, go to your device's Settings or Control Centre (Swipe down on the home screen for many Android devices) and turn it on. In Settings you can also set location accuracy to high. Next, navigate to the Planday app's permissions and ensure that location is enabled. (Again, this may vary depending on your device. If you are unsure where to find this we recommend seeking support for your Android device)
- If you have followed these steps and are still experiencing location-based issues, you can also try opening up a maps application to see if your position is accurate there. If it is, then it may be worth raising this with your manager or Planday Admin, as the GPS area they have set could potentially be too small.
Restart the Planday app, and/or your device
In some cases, fully closing the Planday application and then restarting it can resolve Punch Clock issues. You can also try restarting your mobile device.
Uninstall and reinstall the Planday app
If you are experiencing consistent issues with the app then it may be worthwhile uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Contact Planday Support
If you have been unable to resolve the issue yourself, you can contact the Planday support team. Please provide the results of any troubleshooting steps you have carried out, along with:
- Your operating system version. (For iOS go to Settings > General > About. For Android go to Settings > About > Software or Android version)
- Your Planday app version. This can be found in the app by going to the Account screen and scrolling to the bottom. The version will be shown under the Log Out button on iOS and Android.
Your phone model and any screenshots you can provide will also be very helpful for resolving your issue.