Deleting Employee groups in Planday is a straightforward process, however there are some important things you need to consider before you carry out this action. Employee groups define your schedules, so deleting an Employee group will impact existing schedules. Please review the following points to prevent any negative impact on your business when deleting an Employee group:
- Previously created shifts connected to the deleted Employee group will remain visible and will still affect payroll.
- New shifts cannot be created using the deleted Employee group.
- Assigned shifts for the deleted Employee group can no longer be swapped.
- Open shifts for the deleted Employee group cannot be requested or claimed.
- Assigning employees to different Employee groups after you delete the Employee group can impact payroll if there are inconsistencies between the defined wages of the Employee groups or duplication of shifts.
In most cases, we encourage you to reassign shifts and/or create new Employee Groups before deleting the Employee group to ensure that your schedule remains dynamic. If you are satisfied that it is safe to delete the Employee Group, you can follow these steps:
- Go to People > Employee Groups.
- Find the group you want to delete and select the Edit icon on the right.
- From the Edit Employee Group view, select Delete and confirm your decision.
Please Note: If there are any Positions associated with the Employee group in your schedule, you will not be able to delete the Employee group. In this case you will need to delete the shifts for this position, delete the position, then delete the employee group.