Using Sage 50 Payroll
If you’re using Sage 50 Payroll to manage your company payroll, quickly export your payroll data from Planday into a payroll report to import into Sage 50 Payroll. Also, import your payslips from Sage 50 Payroll so employees can access them from Planday.
Activate payroll export and payslip import for Sage 50 Payroll
- Log into Planday and go to the integration page via Settings > Integrations > Overview.
- Find Sage 50 Payroll and select Activate.
Add salary identifiers & codes to Planday
To ensure you have the correct payroll format to match your records in both systems, you need to add your salary identifiers and salary codes from Sage 50 Payroll to Planday.
To update each employee in Planday with their unique salary identifier from Sage 50 Payroll, go to People > select and edit employee > Salary > add Salary identifier.
Planday Salary codes must match your Sage Payroll Elements. Update Planday with Salary codes to allow Sage to identify which Element the payment will need to go through, by matching up the codes.
Salary codes can be attached to Employee groups (both default and individual), Salaries, Shift types, Payroll supplements, Manual supplements and adding 'general' salary codes to both salary and hourly pay.
First, enter the salary code for normal worked hours and monthly salary in Settings > Payroll > General > Salary codes.
If you want to apply salary codes for payroll supplements you need to create the payroll supplements and then add the salary code. Create the payroll supplements in Settings > Payroll > Payroll supplements. Create or edit the supplements to enter the specific salary code.
If you are using Planday to register alternate shift types you can also apply salary codes to that specific shift type. Go to Settings > Schedule > Shift types and edit the shift type you want to apply the salary code for.
Finally, if you want to separate the hours between different employee groups for the employees payroll, you can apply specific salary codes to different employee groups. Apply salary codes to employee groups in the top menu People > Employee groups > and edit the employee group to enter the salary code. The salary code for the employee group will then overwrite the salary code for normal worked hours.
You can learn more about preparing payroll here.
Before exporting the payroll export file, remember to check up on approved shifts.
Export Sage 50 Payroll Payroll reports from Planday
- Go to Payroll > Payroll export.
- Choose date interval.
- Choose between all employees or select specific employee groups.
- Under Format, choose Sage 50 Payroll.
- Download file.
Import Planday payroll reports into Sage 50 Payroll
- Log in to your Sage 50 Payroll account.
- Create a new pay run and import the Sage 50 payroll report you have generated in Planday. Please verify the content in the file before you import it into Sage 50 Payroll.
Import Sage 50 Payroll payslips into Planday
- Download the PDF file with payslips to your desktop. We recommend you open the file to verify it is the correct data before importing into Planday.
- Log in to Planday and go to Payroll > Import payslips.
- Choose start- and end date: enter the same dates as the payslip.
- Existing payslips: If you have already imported payslips to a given period, you can import additional payslips to that period. You can also overwrite existing payslips to update them with new data.
- Choose Payslip in Type.
- Choose the Format Sage 50.
- Upload the downloaded file of payslips and click import. The payslips will then be available to employees from their Planday account.