Salaried Employees (v1)
The new Salaried Employees feature provides several options for managing your payroll costs when you have employees that aren't paid hourly in Planday. You can choose to calculate the payroll cost as a flat monthly salary, or as an average on each opening day in the given month. As a third option you can exclude your salaried employees' salaries from affecting the costs in the schedule by not assigning a salary to them, but still managing them in Planday.
Please note: If you have worked with salaried employees in Planday prior to February 2019, this feature's release date, there are some important points to consider before starting setup. Check out our help article to learn more about how to set up Salaried Employees.
Employee Overview Details
From now on, you will have better control of the details displayed in the Employee overview, including their visibility to others. From Hired date to Tax ID and Contact Info, Planday lets you control the visibility of your employees' data more precisely. Go to People > Employee details to edit.
Schedule Search & Filters
We have added two new elements to Schedule filters to make your life easier when managing large numbers of employees, groups, and positions. Under the Employees, Employee Groups, and Positions filters you will now find:
- A Search field
- A Select all option
To open Filters, select the filter icon to the right of the Department dropdown menu in the Schedule.
Sections added to the Group or Position dropdown menu when creating or assigning a Shift
With this update we have infused more details into the Create and Edit Shift windows to increase accuracy when managing large numbers of Employees. From now on, the name of the Section that a Position is associated with will be displayed in the Group or Position dropdown menu when assigning a Shift. This update applies to regular shifts only.
The latest version of our iOS App is 5.14.0. Make sure to download it from the App Store or update to access new features below.
Manage Employee Groups and Departments
In order to add more flexibility to your daily Employee management, we have now added the ability for Admins to manage Employee groups and Departments directly via the iOS app, just like it works in your browser. Go to People > Groups or Departments > Select a Group or Department, then tap Edit.
Ending support for iOS 9 & 10
To continue providing the best experience for the thousands of people accessing Planday from our mobile apps, after March 1st we will no longer support applications running on iOS 9 or 10. Read more about our supported devices here.
The latest version of our Android App is 5.14.0. Make sure to download it from the Google Play Store or update to access new features below.
Manage Employee Groups and Departments
In order to add more flexibility to your daily Employee management, we have now added the ability for Admins to manage Employee groups and Departments directly via the Android app, just like it works in your browser. Go to People > Groups or Departments > Select a Group or Department, then tap the pencil icon to edit.
Ending support for Android 4 & 5
To continue providing the best experience for the thousands of people accessing Planday from our mobile apps, after March 1st we will no longer support applications running on Android 4 or 5. Read more about our supported devices here.
The latest version of our iPad Kiosk App is 1.0.3. Make sure to download it from the App Store or update to access all most recent features.
Integrations & API
OpenSolution POS Integration Update
We have updated the current integration of the Scandinavian POS system OpenSolution to support another method of revenue import and bring you more flexibility. While the previous method was based on a sum of the totals in the Z reports, the new update enables selection of an alternative method of revenue import, where the total is the sum of all article categories with an option to include or exclude any discounts.
APICustom Employee Fields
We have made custom fields available in the Open API to give you even more flexibility when building on Planday. The following fields are available:
- We've extended the Employee endpoint to enable you to create, read, update, or delete custom fields on an employee's profile.
- We've added a new Field definitions endpoint that can be used to fetch the available custom fields and values for a specific Planday portal, identifying the custom fields and values for creating or updating employees with custom fields via the open API.
Schedule API update
The Shift endpoint has been improved, now the GET shift endpoint includes the Punch Clock shift ID if there are Punch Clock entries on the shift. The Punch Clock shift ID can then be used for another query to fetch the exact Punch Clock times. This means that you can now get the available Punch Clock data regardless of the Punch Clock entries' status - approved or not.
Punch clock API update
In order to identify the Punch Clock entries regardless of the approval status, the endpoint will be updated with a Punch Clock shift status. Additionally, the approved shift filter that made the Punch Clock entries unavailable after Punch Clock approval is removed, which means that the Punch Clock entries' data will be available regardless of approval status.
Fixes & Improvements
- Edit icon access update - The Edit icon will no longer be shown on fields that users do not have editing access for
- Employee deactivation - Fixed an error which caused Admins to receive a system error when trying to delete future employee shifts when deactivating an employee
- Primary Departments editing access - Fixed security issues that were preventing users from accessing and editing employees in their attributed Primary Departments only
- Sum of hours timeout - Fixed an issue which caused some users to experience a timeout message when trying to load a sum of hours in large schedules
- Contract rules changes unsaved - Fixed an issue which was preventing some users from saving their changes to Contract rules in the Settings section
- Punch Clock approval system error - Fixed an issue that caused a very limited number of users to experience a system error which prevented approval of punch clock entries
- Admin groups display - In some rare cases, the list of admins in a given group was showing all employees due to a display bug. It has now been fixed
- Accrued vacation (UK) - Fixed an issue which prevented the vacation balance from updating when adding in carryover days for some users
- Accrued vacation (UK) - Fixed an issue which caused the colour codes to show an incorrect status for vacation requests
- Timesheet export in Scheduled jobs - An issue with the timesheet export not being exported on random days has been fixed
- Settings - Fixed an issue which caused edit actions to fail in Settings for some users
- Conflicting shifts in Schedule - Fixed an error that appeared when assigning shifts to an employee who already had a shift
- Breaks in schedule - For a limited number of users, breaks were being added twice to a shift, it has now been fixed
- Rights to Apply Template - Fixed an issue which prevented some Admins from applying templates even with the correct permissions
- Infinite loading when swiping back - Fixed an issue which caused long loading times when swiping back to a previous menu
- iPad Search bar display bug - Fixed a background issue which was making search terms invisible on iPad
- Navigation bar display bug - Fixed a navigation bar text and colour issue appearing on the schedule tab after finishing signup
- Users invite issue - Fixed an issue which allowed Admins to invite people without an email
- Overview display bug - Fixed an intermittent black display issue on the Overview screen
- Swipe back issue on edged menus - When opening menus on the Overview screen, the swipe back command failed - it has now been fixed.
- Shift ending reminder issue - Fixed an issue that was preventing Shift ending reminders from being sent
- New messages not loading when opening App - Fixed an issue where, in some rare cases, new messages were failing to load unless the App was restarted
- Navigation bar colour change - Fixed a display bug which caused the navigation bar to turn white after changing Schedule settings
- Employee name strikethrough display bug - Fixed an issue which caused a strikethrough on Employee names in the Schedule when an Employee group was deleted
- Display issue for employees with long names - Fixed a display issue in the Employees section that was affecting employees with long names
- Back button on Events menu - Fixed an issue which caused the back button to display the wrong menu name in the Events menu
- Your Hours menu showing “null value” - Fixed an issue which prevented the number of hours to display in the Your Hours menu for a certain users
- Flow errors in Schedule tooltips - We have restricted the schedule tooltip to a set of specific actions to facilitate usage
- Display enhancement in the Group/Department menu
- App crash when using shift command on tooltip - Fixed a bug which caused the App to crash when users pressed the shift command within the tooltip
- App crash on Misc Group list - Fixed a bug which caused the App to crash when selecting the first employee of the Misc Group list in the People section
- Fixed two miscellaneous backend errors which caused the App to crash on some occasions
- Shift copy issue - Fixed an issue which caused issues for a limited number of users when copying shifts
- "No matches” error screen in Department menu - Fixed a “no matches” bug in the Department detailed view that was affecting a limited number of users
- Loading issue when creating new employees - Some users were experiencing an infinite loading popup screen when creating new employees with an existing email on GDPR-enabled portals. This has now been fixed.
- Loading issue with employees list - Fixed an issue which caused an Employee List to fail to load in Open Shifts when the schedule was in Employee view mode
- Employee selection issue on shift creation - Fixed an issue which made Employee selection impossible when creating/editing shifts for a small number of users
- Schedule Settings animation issue - Fixed an issue which occasionally caused the wrong animation to be shown when changing schedule settings
- Employee details not saving - Fixed an issue in which some of the employee information was not displaying after updating employee details
- Wrong popup after updating employee details - Fixed a display issue that would ask to discard changes when successfully updating employee details
- Wrong popup after navigating back from Group or Department view - Fixed an Edit-Create shift display that would pop up when navigating back from a Group or Department detailed view
- On-boarding tooltips display fix - Fixed an issue that was causing tooltips to disappear when tapping or navigating in App