Planday can help you keep an overview through its reporting functionality for:
- Reports and overview of hours in the Schedule
- Employee Data (Employee data, Employee changes, Document overview)
- Vacation and Overtime reports
- Contracted hours
- Schedule overview, reports & stats
- Payroll report
1. Reports and overview of hours in the schedule
While working in the schedule you have a few views and reports near at hand:
- Below each day in the schedule you´ll find a summary of hours and labour costs for current day, based on the individual wages and salaries entered in Planday.
- To the far left of this, you´ll find a summary of hours and labour costs for the current period you´re viewing.
- You can use the filter to only include certain groups, positions, shift types, employees etc. When a filter is applied the total hours and labour costs will reflect your selection.
- You can Export this schedule information as a PDF report or as a .csv report under Tools > Print schedule / Tools > Export schedule CSV
2. Employee data
Whether you need an overview of the changes in your staff for an annual report or for regular bookkeeping, Planday's got you covered.
UnderPeople > Employees > Tools, you will find the options to:
- Export data, which allows you to choose and fine tune what the report should contain.
This gives you opportunity to export employee data or employee changes to get an overview of newly added or deactivated users and so on.
If you need a mix of information, you can choose to create and format your own report from the upper right corner, through Create report. This will not affect the data stored in Planday, but only gives you full control on which data to gather in one report.
- get a Document Overview, provides a straightforward overview of which documents are uploaded on your employees' user profiles, for the selected employees. Depending on the Document type you choose to include, the report will also contain the date when the documents are set to expire, where applicable.
3. Vacation and Overtime reports
To keep on top of your business' needs and balance costs and staff effectively, you need a clean overview of what's going on even when your employees are on vacation.
From Schedule > Vacation & Overtime requests, you can extract:
- Vacation reports that will contain the vacation records available from your Planday portal, in an Excel file, within the selected date range.
Before exporting, you can choose what the vacation data to include, filtering by the vacation request status, vacation account or by Department.
- Overtime reports, that is similar to the Vacation report. The Excel file generated contains all the overtime data (banked hours/flex/TOIL) recorded on your portal, for the selected date range, Department and Employees.
4. Contracted hours
If you are using Planday’s function ‘Contracted hours’ to get an overview over your employees worked hours versus their contracted hours, you can find and export this information from Schedule > Contracted hours.
Learn more about this feature here.
5. Schedule overview, reports & stats
- Shift Overview per Employee
Directly from Schedule you can get a quick overview of an Employee's worked hours and scheduled shifts or an overview o Punch Clock entries for a certain date range.
In the Employees view, in Schedule, you can create a shift overview for every employee on the list. Hover on the employee's row and click on the middle quick menu option , as shown below.
This will open a new window, where you can see all the shifts assigned to an Employee, by Department, for a set date range in sortable columns. You can also change the Date range or switch between Employees directly in this window.
- Punch Clock entries - Overview
From Schedule > Punch Clock you can see and export an overview per day or per week, for the punch clock entries recorded on your portal.
From the printer icon, on the left side 🖨, you can export or print the same overview, or adjust to your needs, from the option shown below.
- Schedule statistics
The Reports menu hosts a number of Schedule related reports and stats that can help you make better decisions for your business.
a. Reports > Schedule statistics. Here, you have 3 baseline options available for the data in your report.
From Statistics type, you can choose :
→ Hours per employee - this will show the number of hours summarized on the page, per employee
→ Shifts per employee - which will show the number of shifts summarized on the page, per employee
→ Hours per employee, Excel - choosing to create a downloadable report with all shifts listed.
All 3 options allow you to fine tune the report by Department, Employee groups and Employees, taking into account the date range selected and the weekdays, Shift type of your choice and their current status.
As an example, the Hours per employee Excel report would look something like the picture below.
b. Reports > Shift type statistics gives you the option to generate a Shift type overview per employee, within the same parameters as the Hours per employee. This can be useful if you need to assess whether your Employees are working according to their skills or get an overview of their training, stats on sickness, absence etc.
Learn more about reporting and shift types here.
6. Payroll report
Under Payroll > Payroll Export you'll find everything you need to pull payroll reports for worked hours, wages, monthly salaries and supplements. You can export these as Adobe PDF, .csv or Excel files .
You can make sure you have everything ready by following this checklist.
As an example, a PDF export would be similar to the picture below:
Customizing your reports:
- All reports under the Reports tab + the PDF report under Payroll export are pre-defined and cannot be changed.
- Payroll export > formats Excel / .csv - you can change the format from Settings > Payroll > Prints (see below)
Through Create you can add an information field to the report, choose for example “First name” from the dropdown of available fields and sort the output by using Sort order (add a low number to show the field early in the report, add a higher number to show it later..)
- If you have any questions and requests about reporting, please contact our support team.