Connect to your iZettle Go solution to automatically import your daily revenue to Planday.
When you're done setting up, your revenue will automatically refresh every 5 minutes so you can monitor changes in almost real-time. Revenue data is fetched for the past two days, so any updates to revenue on those days will be shown. The revenue data imported into Planday is displayed per day.
Monitor your revenue, scheduled labor costs, and labor percentage by going to Reports > Revenue in the top menu, or view it inside your schedule by selecting Show and toggling on Revenue in the dropdown menu.
Create revenue units
If you haven't already done so, you need to create revenue units for the relevant departments in Planday. To create your revenue units go to Settings > Reports > Revenue.
Learn more about the revenue module here.
iZettle Go details
Before you can set up the integration, you need to ensure that you have your iZettle Go username and password ready.
Activate the iZettle Go integration
Connect to iZettle
- Log into Planday and go to Settings > Integrations > Overview.
- Find the iZettle Go integration in the POS category and select Add.
- Under Connect your iZettle accounts, select Connect Account
- You will be directed to the iZettle login page where you need to enter your iZettle username and password
- You will then be redirected back to Planday, where you should locate the iZettle integration and select Add as in the previous step. Above the Connect Account button, you should now see an account id indicating that the connection was successful.
- If you have multiple iZettle Go accounts, select Connect Account again and repeat the previous steps
To configure the settings for the integration, locate the iZettle Go integration in Settings > Integrations > Overview and select Manage.
- Select Overwrite existing data if the integration should overwrite the existing figures in Planday. This should be selected if the budgeted revenue is entered manually in the revenue report, or if the days being fetched have had any changes or updates made to the revenue figures in iZettle Go.
- Select whether or not you want to include or exclude Tax in the revenue imported from iZettle Go.
- Select the 24-hour interval for your business operations to define which sales transactions should be included in the daily revenue import. Please make sure that your opening hours are all included in the interval e.g. 6:00 - 6:00. During the 24 hour interval, the revenue will be registered for the day on which the interval started.
- Next, over to the right, you should see an overview of the iZettle Go accounts connected to Planday. In the dropdown next to the id of each account, choose the corresponding revenue unit in Planday you want the revenue to be imported to so that the revenue from the selected accounts are imported into the correct departments in Planday in order to calculate accurate labor percentages.
ACTIVATE THE INTEGRATION
- Select Activate. Now the integration will start importing your revenue data into the corresponding revenue units automatically from iZettle Go.
IMPORT HISTORICAL REVENUE ON-DEMAND
The integration to iZettle Go allows you to import your daily revenue data up 30 days back in time.
You would want to do this, for example, to view revenue compared to labor costs in Planday for the entire payroll period that you are currently in.
This step is optional. The integration will start pulling data from iZettle Go every 5 minutes from the date on which you activated the integration. You can also check back anytime if you wish to use the on-demand import function at a later date.
To do an import of historical revenue, follow the steps below. Before you start, make sure you have completed the mapping of your iZettle Go accounts to Planday revenue units and have activated the integration.
- In Settings > Integrations > Overview, find the iZettle Go integration and select Manage
- Under the section Import historical revenue, select the number of days in the past you wish to fetch daily revenue data from, and select Import
- You will see a progress bar while your revenue is being imported from iZettle Go. Please wait.
- When the import is complete you will see a prompt below the Import button indicating that the revenue was successfully imported.
- Click Save to exit
If you get an error saying “You haven’t activated the integration” after you have clicked Import, please check if you have missed any of the previous steps in this article. Make sure at least one account is connected and that you have completed mapping your iZettle Go accounts to Planday revenue units before you try to import historical revenue.