Follow the steps below to download an export file with Personal and Employment Data in the correct format specified by Hogia. By importing the report in Hogia, you automatically create and update employee entries in Hogia with just a few clicks, so that you only need to make manual updates in Planday.
Not what you’re looking for? Read about our Hogia schedule report and payroll reports to Hogia Lön here and Hogia Lön Plus here.
Before you begin, please note:
- you must make sure that the salary identifiers in Planday match with the salary identifiers (Anställningsnummer) in Hogia. You can edit salary identifiers in Planday by going to People > Employees, select the pencil icon to edit one employee, or select the employee and click the Edit button. Here, you’ll find the field Salary Identifier under Payroll.
- if you wish to include Swedish social security numbers, you must make sure that they are entered in the correct format in Planday. The format which is accepted by Hogia is YYMMDD-xxxx, in which YY are the two last digits of the birth year (e.g. 89, not 1989), MM is the month with two digits (e.g 04 for April) and DD is the date (e.g. 01) with two digits and xxxx are the four last digits of the social security number.
- if you wish to include pay in the file, make sure that Planday is updated with accurate pay rates. Please follow our guide for updating pay in Planday here.
1) Activate and configure the settings
- In Settings > Integrations > Overview, open the Hogia integration editor. If it is already active, you need to select Manage, if it is not active you will select Add.
- Under “Personal and employment data report” click on the toggle to enable this report.
- Then select Show details on the right-hand side of the header to open up the advanced editor.
- Under Field, you may change the standard setup for the Planday fields you wish to export employee data. We recommend using the default fields as we have set these up based on the file specifications from Hogia. If you do not wish to use one of the fields, simply select Blank field in the drop-down list.
- Scroll down in the advanced editor on the right-hand side to see additional buttons.
- Select Add personal pay field if you wish to add pay related fields to the report. You can select up to three. Each of these must correspond to one of the 25 pay fields in Hogia. If you are using the standard setup in Hogia, we recommend that you map the Planday fields below.
Please make sure to double-check that the personal pay fields in Hogia are set up correctly, and adjust the settings in Planday if necessary:
- “Hourly rate” to “Personligt_lönefält_3”
- “Monthly salary” to “Personligt_lönefält_1”.
In addition, you may want to add your custom field for contracted hours per week, if you have this, to “Personligt_lönefält_8”.
- If you want to restore the default field mapping suggestions, at any time, you may click the Reset to default button on the bottom right. This will reset the fields to the standard.
- Click the Activate button at the bottom left (if your integration was not active yet). Remember to click ”Save“ if the integration was already active.
2) Create your own report
First, you will create your own report(s) based on the template for Hogia. You can name them what you would like and use different filters.
- Go to People > Employees > Tools > Export data
- Under Integration templates, find the template with the Hogia logo and select Create report.
- Give your report a name, and select which Departments and Employee types you wish to include.
- Under Filter, you can select to include only newly created, updated, deactivated, or hired employees. The filters are optional.
- Click Save.
- Repeat, if needed.
3) Download your report
When ready to download your Hogia personal and employment data reports, just go to People > Employees > Tools > Export data.
- To the left, under Your employee reports, find the report you want to download. To make sure the report is in the correct format, you should see a small Hogia logo in the top right corner next to the name of the report, as shown in the screenshot below.
- If you are using the filters, you need to add from and to dates by clicking “Edit” and selecting dates at the bottom. This is to specify the date range for the user creations, changes, hire dates, or deactivation dates to have occurred, for them to be included in this report download.
- Select Download, when ready.
- Your file will be downloaded onto your computer, and you should be able to find it in the location for your downloaded files. If you need to search for the file, please look for a file name that starts with Hogia_.
4) Import the file in Hogia
Before you start this step, please be aware that by importing the report Hogia will automatically create new, update, or deactivate employee data in Hogia, based on the data that is in the file. You can open up the file on a text editor to check its content if you are unsure what data is included.
If you have questions about how this works, please see the Frequently Asked Questions below.
When you are ready, follow the steps below:
- In Hogia, go to Arkiv > Import > Anställda to being the import.
- Then select the file that you downloaded from Planday.
- Please see the full instructions provided by Hogia help center (Swedish) https://www.kundtorg.hogia.se/fraga?id=6256
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will new employees in Planday, automatically be created in Hogia?
A: Yes, if the file includes a salary identifier that does not exist in Hogia yet, a new employee entry will be created in Hogia. So when you create the new employees in Planday, make sure you give them a salary identifier that does not exist yet.
Q: What will happen if I have updated an employee’s data in Planday?
A: If the salary identifier of the employee already exists in Hogia, any changes to any of the employee fields will overwrite data in the respective fields in Hogia.
Q: What will happen if I have deactivated an employee in Planday?
A: If you have set a deactivation date for an employee in Planday, the employee will become inactive in Hogia on the specified date. This is because the import will make sure that the field “Avgångsdatum” in Hogia is updated with the new date.
Q: Why is the hourly rate field not updated?
A: Firstly, double-check that you have selected the hourly rate field and saved the integration settings correctly, as shown in this guide. Secondly, please check that the employee has a valid hourly rate in Planday in People > Employees > Edit (select the pencil icon to edit one employee or select the employee and click the Edit button) > Groups and Wages. The valid from date on the hourly rate should not be in the future. Also, if the employee has several employee groups, the hourly rate for one employee must be identical in all their groups. If an employee has different rates in Planday, this field will be blank in the file for this employee.
Q: What data does the “Full Bank Account” field include?
A: This includes both the Reg Num (Sweden: Clearing number) and the account number. If you select the Bank Account field instead, this will not include the Reg Num (Sweden: Clearing number).
Q: Can I add additional fields to the report? You can add up to 3 additional pay fields. Other fields are not supported at this time.