The Dashboard can be considered the Planday Homepage as it is the first screen you see after you log in.
On the Dashboard, you will be able to check up on the pending requests, have a quick look at how your Schedule is performing, and view or post team updates.
The image above shows an example of how the Dashboard could look like. Some of the important areas are:
1. Pending Actions - in the top left corner, the Pending actions widget can be considered your digital to-do list. It lets you know how many items are pending and require your attention, divided into 4 main categories:
- Swap requests (Shift swaps in between your employees, that need your approval))
- Shift requests (Open shifts requested by your employees),
- Punch Clock entries and
- Absence requests.
Each category will show you how many requests you have waiting and if you click on either category you'll be redirected to the request page, where you can approve/deny it. This widget could be one of the first things you should check after logging into Planday.
2. Birthdays - The Birthdays widget has a more social role as it will let you and your employees see whose birthday is coming up in the next week. If you want, you can send them a message through Planday, directly from the widget. The Birthdays widget collects data from the Birthday field from the Employee profiles.
3. Weather - If you add a location to the Weather widget, you will be able to see local weather information.
Please note that this feature is still currently in Beta.
4. Key Metrics - The Key metrics panel on the right side is split into four categories by department: Salary Percentage, Revenue, Scheduled Costs, and Punched in Late. Punched in Late gathers data directly from Punch Clock, and will show you who has been late within the last 6 days.
Scheduled Costs shows your costs from the schedule, for the previous 6 weeks, based on estimates from your hourly payroll costs. Like this, you keep track of the cost trends for your schedules.
Revenue will show your revenue for the last 6 weeks if the data is available for your organization.
Salary percentage depends on both Scheduled costs and Revenue data in Planday, as it will show you the salary costs compared to the revenue (Actual), your salary costs compared to your estimated revenue (Forecast), and the salary percentage set in your budget -if set (Target).
5. Calendar - This is your personal calendar in Planday. It will show all of your shifts, either in a list or calendar view. You'll also be able to see all the Open shifts that you are eligible for (marked with red), as well as any shifts a colleague would like to swap with you (marked with purple).
6. News Feed - Sharing information with your employees can be done through the news feed, underneath your Calendar. You can also think of it as a bulletin board, where you can post messages for the team. When writing a message, you can choose which department this message is for, what employee groups are permitted to see it, and when the post should become be posted or archived. You can also attach files and documents to your post if you need to.
7. Events - You can schedule events for your employees, like training or social events, like a summer party. When you create an event you need to specify the date and time of these events, as well as the Department and Employee groups that can see/attend this event. If you chose to Use attendance, your invites can let you know whether they can attend or not, directly on the Event entry.
In the top right corner of your screen, you'll find three menu entries that will also help guide you through your experience in Planday.
The Help menu, the inbox, and your Profile can be accessed at all times, independent of the Dashboard.
8. Help - This is a dropdown menu that gives you quick access to:
- Planday's Help Center (and, soon, the Planday Tutorials page) where you can learn more about Planday's features,
- Chat with Us - a fast way to reach out to the Planday Support team, whenever you need assistance with Planday.
- Product Feedback allows you to email our team directly, to share your feedback on the existing features.
- And Status opens status.planday.com where you see the current activity levels for all the Planday services and where you can find more information about maintenance or downtimes.
9. Messaging - this is Planday's communication tool that can help you keep all your work-related communications in one place.
More information about messaging through Planday can be found in this article.
10. Your Profile - Last, but not least, from your avatar icon in the top right corner of the menu, you can access and edit your profile. Here you can Edit your information, ( e.g. change your profile picture, set your language preferences) or Log out of Planday.