Connect to your iKentoo by Lightspeed solution to automatically import your daily revenue to Planday.
When you're done setting up, your revenue will automatically refresh every 5 minutes, so you can monitor changes in real time. Revenue data is fetched from the past 2 days, so any updates to revenue on those days will be shown. The revenue data imported into Planday is displayed per day.
Monitor your revenue, scheduled labour costs, and labour percentage by going to Reports > Revenue in the top menu, or view it inside your schedule, by selecting Show and toggling on Revenue in the dropdown menu.
Create revenue units
If you haven't already done so, you need to create revenue units for the relevant Departments in Planday.
To create your revenue units go to Settings > Reports > Revenue. Learn more about the revenue module here.
Before you can setup the integration, you need to ensure that you have your iKentoo username and iKentoo password ready.
Activate the iKentoo integration
Connect to iKentoo
- Log into Planday and go to Settings > Integrations > Overview.
- Find the iKentoo integration in the POS category and select Add.
- Under Connect your iKentoo Business, select Connect Account
- You will be directed to the iKentoo login page where you need to enter your iKentoo username and password
- You will then be redirected back to Planday, where you should locate the iKentoo integration and select Add as in the previous step. Above the Connect Account button you should now see a green icon indicating that the connection was successful.
- If you have multiple iKentoo accounts, select Connect Account again and repeat the previous steps
To configure the settings for the integration, locate the iKentoo integration in Settings > Integrations > Overview and select Manage.
- Select Overwrite existing data if the integration should overwrite the existing figures in Planday. This should be selected if the budgeted revenue is entered manually in the revenue report, or if the days being fetched have had any changes or updates made to the revenue figures in iKentoo.
- Select whether or not you want to include or exclude VAT in the revenue imported from iKentoo.
- Next, over to the right, you should see an overview of the Revenue units created for your business in Planday. In the dropdown next to the name of each Revenue unit, choose the corresponding Business Locations in iKentoo, so that the revenue from the selected business locations are imported into the correct departments in Planday in order to calculate accurate labour percentages.
Activate the integration
- Select Activate. Now the integration will start importing your revenue data into the corresponding revenue units automatically from iKentoo.
Import historical revenue on-demand
The integration to iKentoo allows you to import your daily revenue data from up 30 days back in time.
You would want to do this, for example, to view revenue compared to labour costs in Planday for the entire payroll period that you are currently in.
This step is optional. The integration will start pulling data from iKentoo every 5 minutes from the date on which you activated the integration. You can also check back anytime if you wish to use the on-demand import function at a later date.
To do an import of historical revenue, follow the steps below. Before you start make sure you have completed mapping of your Planday revenue units to your Business locations in iKentoo and have activated the integration.
- In Settings > Integrations > Overview, find the iKentoo integration and select Manage
- Under the section Import historical revenue, select the number of days in the past you wish to fetch daily revenue data from, and select Import
- You will see a progress bar while your revenue is being imported from iKentoo. Please wait.
- When the import is complete you will see a prompt below the Import button indicating that the revenue was successfully imported.
- Click Save to exit
If you get an error saying “You haven’t activated the integration” after you have clicked Import, please check if you have missed any of the previous steps in this article. Make sure at least one account is connected and that you have completed mapping your Planday revenue units to your Business locations in iKentoo before you try to import historical revenue.