Follow the steps below to download the file with personal and employment data in the format specified by the Sage50 Employee Details Template and All Employee Header Details Template. By importing the report in Sage50, you will be able to populate all the details from Planday into Sage50, with just a few clicks.
Before you begin, please note:
The Sage50 templates include some required fields with pre-populated values, please make sure that you have these fields created as custom fields on your portal. The required field names and their values are listed below:
Title: Mr.; Mrs.; Miss.; Ms.; Dr.; Prof.; Sir.; The Rev.; The Hon.;
Marital Status: Single, Married, Divorced, Widowed, Civil Partnership, Other
NI Category: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, S, X;
Payment Frequency: Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly
Activate the integration and configure its settings
- In Settings > Integrations > Overview, open the Sage50 integration editor. If it is already active, you need to select “Manage” (if it is not active yet, you will have to select “Add”).
- Choose which employee details template to use. Click on the toggle to enable any or both reports.
- Then select Show details, on the right-hand side of the header, to open up the advanced editor. This will allow you to configure which fields should be populated in the file.
- Under Field, you can select or change the Planday fields that should correspond to the fields in the Sage50 template. We have already added some default fields but you should run through the list to verify that everything fits with your account. You can also remove any of the fields by selecting Blank field, in their dropdown.
- If you want to restore the default field mapping suggestions, you can click the Reset to default button, in the bottom right. This will reset the fields to the default state and you can choose to do so whenever you need.
- To include headers, please make sure the checkbox “Include headers in report” is checked.
- Then click the Activate or Save button.
Create your OWN report
You can create your own report(s) based on the template for Sage50. You can also name them whatever you like and use different filters for them.
To do so:
- Go to People > Employees > Tools > Export data
- Under Integration templates, find the templates with the Sage50 logo and select Create report.
- Give your report a name, and select which Departments and Employee types you want to include.
- Under Filter, you can select to include only newly created, updated, deactivated, or hired employees. The filters are optional.
- Click Save
- Repeat, if needed.
Your employee report(s) will appear under Your employee reports.
Download your report(s)
When you are ready to download your Sage50 employee reports based on the templates, simply follow these steps:
- Go to People > Employees > Tools > Export data (if not already there).
- Find the report you want to download under Your employee reports.
To make sure the report is in the correct format, you should check for the Sage50 logo in the top right corner, next to the name of the report, as shown in the screenshot below.
- If you are using filters ( e.g. Changed), you'll need to add Start and End dates by clicking Edit. This will define the date range for which user creations, changes, hire dates, or deactivations to be included in your report download.
- Select Download when ready.
- Your file will start the download to your local machine.
Because the report is now saved, you can always come back and download it again, if needed. Before downloading it again, please remember to check whether the Start and End dates are correct.
Import the file in Sage50
The import file must not be in use when attempting to upload it into Sage50.
- In Sage50, go to File, then Advanced Data Import.
- Make a backup of your data by clicking Backup, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select the data template you want to import (e.g. Employee Information), then click Next
- Browse to find the file your want to import and continue
- Browse to the file that you want to import again and click Next.
- Select the required worksheet from the Worksheet drop-down list and proceed.
- In Import Field, select the data field that corresponds with the information in the Payroll Field.
If you’ve previously saved a payroll import map, click Load Map, then browse to and double click the required map.
- Click Save Map: find the location, add a file name, and save the map.
- Then Finish and Print.
- When you're done click Ok, then Close.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will new employees created in Planday, automatically be created in Sage50?
A: No, you will need to do pull a new report and import the new employees into Sage50. The integration only works in one direction, so the new information from Planday will need to be imported into Sage each time.
Q: What will happen if I have updated an employee’s data in Planday?
A: You will have to update the two systems independently of one another once an initial import has been done.
Q: What will happen if I have deactivated an employee in Planday?
A: You will also need to deactivate the employee on Planday, as well as in Sage.