If you're using Datev Lohn und Gehalt to manage your payroll, then you can easily export the payroll information into a payroll report and import it to Datev Lohn und Gehalt. You can also import payslips from Datev Lohn und Gehalt and make them available the for employees in Planday.
Follow the steps below to learn how you can use Datev Lohn und Gehalt together with Planday.
Setup and activate Datev Lohn und Gehalt
Initially you must import an .INI file into your Datev Lohn und Gehalt account, so the system can recognise the format from when importing payroll reports from Planday.
Contact Planday support and we will send you the .INI file.
- Log in to your Datev Lohn und Gehalt account
- New format for the transaction data in Lohn und Gehalt with the menu option: Extras | ASCII-Import-Assistent and apply. Import INI-data using the Importieren button.
In Planday you must configure the payroll export format before you can generate the reports. Log into Planday and go to Settings > Integrations > Overview.
Find Datev Lohn und Gehalt and click Activate.
Enter the following settings:
- Berater nummer – find the berater number in Datev Lohn und Gehalt or get the information from your accountant.
- Mandanten nummer – Find the mandanten number in Datev Lohn und Gehalt or get the information from your accountant.
- Konstenträger – normally a 5-digit number in Datev Lohn und Gehalt, which indicates the cost as a salary.
When all settings are entered click Activate.
Apply salary identifiers and salary codes in Planday
To ensure correct payroll output from Planday, you need to apply salary identifiers and salary codes from Datev Lohn und Gehalt in Planday so that they are identical in both systems.
Update each employee with the unique salary identifier in People > Edit employee, and enter the Salary identifier under Payroll.
Update Planday with Salary codes from Datev Lohn und Gehalt so it can identify whether the data in the export file should be counted as normal hours, extra hours, or a payroll supplement.
First, enter the salary code for normal worked hours and monthly salary in Settings > Payroll > General > Salary codes.
To apply salary codes for payroll supplements, create the payroll supplements and then add the salary code. Create the payroll supplements under Settings > Payroll > Payroll supplements. When creating or editing the supplements you will be given the option to enter the specific salary code.
If you are using Planday to register alternate Shift types such as illness, you can also apply salary codes to that specific shift type. Go to Settings > Schedule > Shift types and edit the shift type you want to apply the salary code to.
Finally, if you want to separate the hours between different employee groups for the employees payroll, you can apply specific salary codes to different employee groups. Go to People > Employee groups, select the Edit button and enter the salary code for the group. The salary code for the Employee group will then overwrite the salary code for normal worked hours.
You can learn more about preparing for payroll here.
Before exporting the payroll export file, remember to check up on approved shifts.
Export Datev Lohn und Gehalt reports in Planday
- Go to Payroll > Payroll export.
- Choose date interval.
- Choose between all employees or only specific employee groups or employees.
- In the Format field choose Datev Lohn und Gehalt.
- Save the file on your desktop.
Import the payroll report in Datev Lohn und Gehalt.
- Go to Data transfer | Open transaction data import. There, the newly created format description (In the example below "planday") is in manufacturer. After selecting "planday" and entering the month of the transfer, the import of the transaction data from Planday can be started via the File selection button.
Import Datev Lohn und Gehalt payslips into Planday
- Save the PDF file with payslips on your desktop.
- Log in to Planday and go to Payroll > Import payslips.
- Choose start and end date: type in the same date as on the payslip.
- Existing payslips: If you’ve already imported some of the payslips for the chosen period you can add new payslips to the existing period. You can also choose to overwrite the existing payslips.
- Choose Payslip in Type.
- Choose the Format Datev Lohn und Gehalt.
- Upload the payslips file from your desktop and select import. The payslips will now be available for employees when they log into Planday.