With Planday and Mews integration, you can connect your Mews accommodation and outlet sales. This allows you to import revenue data from different locations into Planday automatically.
You can now conveniently review your revenue and compare it to historical data without navigating away from Planday. Revenue data can be configured to display on the Home Dashboard, within the Schedule, and in Revenue reports inside Planday.
Besides admins, Schedule managers can also evaluate labour costs compared to the imported revenue, helping them determine whether they are below, on par with, or exceeding the target allocation of revenue for labour expenses.
Requirements for the integration
To ensure this integration operates correctly, you must fulfil the two requirements below in Planday.
1. Set up revenue units in Planday
1. Set up revenue units in Planday
Before setting up the integration, create at least one revenue unit for every Department where you wish to import revenue.
To set up a revenue unit in Planday, go to Settings > Under the Reports heading, press Revenue > Create.
When setting up the revenue unit, make sure to select Enter daily revenue for every unit you want to map and choose Include in total revenue.
For detailed steps on this, see Revenue in Planday article.
Set up the integration in Planday
Follow these steps to find, connect and configure the integration.
Find and connect the integration
Once the prerequisites have been completed, go to Settings > Integrations > Overview. Switch to the Point of Sale tab to see all available POS integrations or search for the integration name from the search bar.
Connect new businesses using the Access token
Press the Set up button to connect a Mews account which will open a log-in pop-up.
Here you must add an Access token that you can obtain from Mews.
Begin by navigating to the Mews operations. Go to the main menu > Marketplace > My subscriptions.
Search for "Planday" to locate the integration.
Click Edit to go to the settings page, and press the key icon to open the access token.
Copy this access token.
In the Planday interface, navigate back to the Mews integration > Set up > paste the access token > click Save.Tip:
When at least one Mews business is connected successfully, you can configure the setup by specifying data import settings and mappings of accounting categories with revenue units in Planday.
1. Overwrite existing data — Select this option to replace any existing data when importing new revenue data. We suggest keeping this option checked. You may choose to uncheck it only if you have added corrected values that you wish to retain, or if the location has unique sources of revenue on certain days not reflected in Mews.
2. Include tax when importing — Select this option to include gross tax values with the data. Unselect it to fetch net revenue data, excluding taxes.
3. Include consumed bills — Select this option to already import bills that have been consumed but not necessarily paid yet (Example: You run a hotel – One of your guests has consumed a meal via room service today, but will not pay the bill for it until check-out).
4. 24-hour importing interval — The default importing interval is set at 2:00 hrs. If your opening hours extend beyond midnight, you can choose a different value. This allows you to include revenue obtained until closing past midnight within the same day. For instance, a bar might set their hours as 4:00 to accommodate this scenario.
5. Import historical data - This setting works as a way to import data from the past days manually. You can select the number of past days to import, with a minimum of 2 days. Pressing the button fetches data from the chosen period. If not manually imported, the integration will automatically import data for today and subsequent days.
Map Locations and Revenue units
To import revenue data from your Mews accounting categories, it's essential to link them to a revenue unit in Planday. Here is how you can link:
To link your Mews accounting categories to Planday revenue units:
Press Save & continue or switch to the Account and mappings tab
Click on your account
Select which accounting categories to link to the relevant Planday revenue unit. Make sure to also select None to include revenue that is not categorised in your Mews account.
Click Apply to save or cancel to discard your changes.
As the final step — just activate the integration to start importing revenue. The integration setup is now finished. You should start receiving revenue data in Planday at the chosen interval every 5 minutes.
See related articles:
Mews Help Center: Find an integration's access token
Mews Help Center: Connecting, managing and disconnecting integrations